Further delay in ice case

Written by admin on 11/07/2018 Categories: 苏州美甲美睫培训学校

A couple awaiting sentence after they were caught supplying drugs to undercover police will have to wait another month to learn their fate.

Mark Lee Wortley and Helen Eason were due to be sentenced in Tamworth District Court on a string of charges after they were exposed during an undercover police sting in Gunnedah last year.

The court was told solicitors were not ready to proceed with Wortley, who is facing 11 charges, because they were awaiting medical evidence.

A barrister said Eason’s case was ready with several documents including a psychiatric report tendered to the court.

She faces 10 charges after pleading guilty in December.

Crown solicitor Cameron Reynolds said the pair should be sentenced together because they were co-offenders.

“My application is if Mr Wortley is vacated, then Ms Eason should also be vacated,” he told the court, adding there was no opposition to the adjournment.

Acting judge Colin Charteris adjourned the sentencing hearings for four weeks to allow Wortley’s defence time to prepare the medical evidence.

The pair are each facing civil cases in the district court as the DPP tries to confiscate the proceeds from their crimes.

According to court documents, the Crown is seeking to confiscate $40,000 which the pair made from the sale of ice in Gunnedah during a two-month period in 2014, as well as three cars and a jet boat.

The pair face a maximum of 20 years in prison after admitting to supplying an illegal drug on an ongoing basis, after each dealing quantities of methylamphetamine to an undercover police officer in 2014.

The couple were arrested by local detectives from Strike Force Codes – a covert police operation set up to target and dismantle an ice supply ring in Gunnedah.

Wortley, who is serving a sentence for an unrelated matter, remains in custody and made no application for bail.

Eason remains on supreme court bail.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

Comments Off on Further delay in ice case